Friday, April 18, 2008

Mac Misery

Okay...not to sound redundant...but I just don't love this Mac! The newest development? I have no slideshow tool now. And I HAVE to have that one. I HAVE to build those for my NILMDTS families. Chris assures me that there are a couple of options for building slideshows here on my computer...but after taking a look himself last night...there is NOT! And even though this new computer has the same version of Photoshop Elements as my other computer...which, incidentally is what I build my slideshows through...apparently the Mac version does NOT have slideshow capabilities. GRRRRRRR. But my beef with this piece of technology does NOT stop there. I recall specifically asking Chris if this new and improved big computer was going to fit okay into my computer armoire...recently purchased this past year to the tune of $1500 or so. And he says "Yes...of course!" So last night, I get out my measuring tape because my eyes just cast doubt when I look at the size of this computer screen verses the hole it is supposed to fit into. And the verdict? Unless you can cut nearly two inches off of the sides of this computer...it WON'T fit. Ain't gonna happen. Oh...it will sit on the desk all right and the doors will close...but it won't fit into the cubby it is supposed to fit in and by having it sit forward of that cubby I will lose all access to four drawers that are to either side of that space. Not to mention that my screen will be like SO up close and totally right in my face! And so...my Mac misery continues. One day I know that I will love this thing...or at least be able to accomplish something at it without feeling the urge to snatch it up and smash it through the window! But for today...I'm not feeling the love!

No comments: