Thursday, September 04, 2008

Head Spinning

Well...it's the night before takeoff. And of course, this has been THE craziest day ever. TONS and tons to do. My car was ready to be picked up today (of course!) and it was all the way down by Tucson Mall. And when I got there it took FOREVER for them to bring it around to me. By the time they did get the keys back into my hands, I had to abort errands schedule A and instead, run with schedule B. This involved making a lightning fast trip into Target and a quick tank of gas before charging into my 11:30 a.m. hair appointment EXACTLY, to the minute, on time. Two hours later I walked out gorgeous. Or at least not dull and lack luster like when I first walked in. Of COURSE, today had to be the day that I was due for the intensive beauty overhaul! Couldn't have been a quickie in and out day! From there it was time to spring poor Oscar from the kennel! About the moment I thought I could get a few more things packed and gather my thoughts, the phone rang and it was Clara's doctor. Apparently the school needed another form stating that she does indeed have a dairy allergy. And they had the form ready for me...and so I took off flying to grab it because there was EXACTLY enough time to grab the note and get to school to pick up the kids. I picked up Ben and Clara and quickly calculated as I walked in the door (for the third time so far) that I had roughly an hour and 15 minutes to help Clara get her homework packet finished, give her a snack, do her reading time and get her dressed and ready for cheer and tumble. And then, life happened, as it so often will....and Max called and really, REALLY needed his mountain bike at school so that they didn't have to be so doubled up and sharing since they were so short on bikes. And so I threw Clara and her reading materials in the car and hoisted Max's bike into the back of the Explorer (leaving some very snazzy tread marks straight across my thigh no less!) and took off for Coronado. I dropped off the bike and rushed back home. NOW I had roughly 10 minutes to get Clara dressed and ready for cheer and tumble. I changed her in a hurry and we took off at a dead run for class. We made it almost on time too. No sooner did I drop her off, when I had to return to Coronado to pick up Max. I dropped him off at the house and just kept right on going straight back over to Clara's class where I could observe what was left. By the time we got home it was 7:25 and I was SO tired. I ate a quick peanut butter sandwich, gave Clara a bath, tucked her in, and began the process of trying to get myself organized for tomorrow. At this point in the evening I have FINALLY looked up my itenerary, printed off my boarding passes, thrown some clothes into the suitcase (not sure how much of it actually matches anything!) and am now sitting here with my head spinning...trying to think about all the things I might have forgotten. I have a typed sheet of directions for both Chris and Jackie complete with times, clothes required, mode of transportation, etc. I have notes to teachers about going home arrangements written and I have forms and tuition for dance next week tucked into ballet bags. My camera is all packed up. And I think that I am too tired to try and think of anymore tonight! Luckily, my flight is not too early tomorrow, so once they all leave, I SHOULD have a few minutes of quiet time to just process my thoughts! We will see!

Hurricane Hannah is still messing around there. I am finding her projected path to be a bit less favorable for my landing time tomorrow night than it was earlier today. I'm not too stressed since it has changed so many times these past few days. I WILL be checking first thing tomorrow morning though! That's for sure! Hopefully things will go off without a hitch! Here's hoping!

No comments: