Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peer Review

Okay, so here recently I have started occasionally submitting some of my nature photos to the Arizona Daily Star reader's gallery. If you have never checked it out, there is some phenomenal photography there to be seen. Awesome really. There's a fair amount of just snap shot stuff...but also some really stunning stuff. Anyway. I was just looking at my gallery and a whole bunch of my photos have received awesome comments from others. And I just think that's so exciting! The dragonflies I posted last night already have two comments. And now I also know that this kind of dragonfly is called a Flame Skimmer. It's just a fun way to see what people think about your stuff. In a fairly anonymous kind of way! And it's educational too! What's just too funny is that one of my photos was published in the paper a while back. Only...it wasn't one of my stunning nature photos that made the morning print. It was a picture of Oscar yanking on our dog, Casey's tail! Go figure! Maybe someday, something a little more naturistic will be print worthy! But at least for now, I just have to settle for having been printed! Silly as it was!

No comments: