Monday, October 29, 2007

B is for...

Baby Boy. Another session. Noone to cover it except me. Again. I'm really growing very weary of all of this. So much sadness. So much grief. So much pressure to make sure these parents have something beautiful to remember these children by. So many poor excuses from the other photographers who just cannot be inconvenienced enough to answer the calls of these famlies. Sigh....I am tired tonight. And am now two sessions behind. Need to get those done and out to these families. I see many late nights ahead of me in the near future! Tonight's little guy was so sweet and so tiny. Born at 24 weeks. Just too tiny to live. His family lovingly let him go into the arms of Jesus this evening. And I was honored enough to be able to be there and share those very last few moments of his time here with his parents. I am always so very humbled to be able to be there and to share that time with a family. It's an amazing thing to be a part of. I will say....that one day...just once...I want to be included in the BIRTH of a baby. In a joyful and glorious and exciting time! And not just death after death after death. I want to capture those looks of joy and accomplishment and the smiles and the tears that come with welcoming a new life into this world. But for now...for tonight...the tears were not of joy...but of grief and heartache and a sadness beyond comprehension. Tonight was about saying goodbye...yet again.

No comments: