Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sunshine and Shorelines




Our family just got back from a short vacation getaway to San Diego. We camped at South Carlsbad Beach State Park...our campsite overlooked the beautiful Pacific Ocean. We went to sleep each night to the lullaby of the waves crashing beneath us. And awoke each morning to seagulls and sweet sea air. It was a wonderful, magical three days for us there. Just to get away from all of the stress and schedules. To see my children BE children and watch them play for hours on end in the sand and surf. My hubby kicked back and napped in his hammock right there on the beach...and I was in paradise with more wonderful things to snap with my camera than I could have hoped for. I was blessed with smile after smile, beautiful sunsets, cooperative wildlife, and the pure enjoyment of just watching my sweet family frolic in it all for a few short days. They all played hard and long...and then slept hard and long. It really was a most awesome trip. Two thumbs up for camping there! We can't wait to go back again! Of course...it wouldn't be MY blog if I didn't flood it with some of my favorite moments from the trip! So here they are! Enjoy!

No comments: