Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Ben




I did some pictures of Ben tonight. My camera was out...running some test shots for Christmas shoots (I am already getting appointments for those...yay!). Everyone was being cooperative...and I decided to do some of our Ben with his violin since that is his musical instrument of choice at this time in his life. He asked for some of those with the same cowboy hat that Maxwell wore with his guitar picture so I plopped it on him and shot away. I have to say...there are a few that I just love. Chris? Well...he hates ALL the ones I love because he is wearing the hat. He thinks it is too much like Max and he needs to be an individual. I told him that like it or not...our boys are very, very close and they influence each other VERY greatly. And I thought it was just fine that Ben admired Max's picture enough to want one himself. I really like some of these. Chris just doesn't. He says they are NOT my canvas. Of course...he is dead wrong. I love these pictures. I love that they have very much the same feel of Maxwell's pictures. I love thinking of how awesome they will look hanging side by side...different boys, different instruments...but same warm, casual feel. I love how much our boys favor one another...so alike...yet so very different. There's a storm ahead on this one folks...just so you know. But I know a great picture when I see one...and I am rather fond of the ones I am posting here tonight for you! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

Can't decide which day to post my comments on. ALL of the pictures are amazing! I DISAGREE with Chris and I agree with you... now does that surprise you... not me. I love this set of photos and the hat makes them perfect. Especially with the fact that home for this young man is Tucson and he has a great connection to his big brother. BLOW IT UP on canvas mom!!!