Tuesday, November 13, 2007

And She Rides!


Our Clarabelle has mastered a new skill! After learning that one of our neighbor's little boys has learned to ride his bike without training wheels, it got our little diva to thinking. Now...that alone was not enough to inspire her. Interest her, yes...but not enough to make it happen. Then, she saw her brother's riding on the other neighbors little scooter/bike thing that looks an awful lot like her Dad's...and she too wanted to ride. I explained to her that you had to be able to ride a two wheel bike in order to ride the scooter. Well....THAT did it. She looked me right in the eye and said "Well then. Take my training wheels off." And so I did...thinking to myself, "Here we go again". I've taken these wheels off a dozen times it seems. The whole experience usually lasts all of about 3 minutes and ends with her screaming and yelling and being mad at ME because she can't do it. So I braced myself for the inevitable rant that was sure to come...and then was just pleasantly surprised when after only 3 short laps around our little circle, my girl just literally rode off into the sunset! She was BEAMING she was so proud of herself! And so...another success for our baby girl. One more step farther away from being our baby and a definite leap into the land of the big girl. She let us know that we can sell her training wheels! And so...FOR SALE...two gently used training wheels, low miles, great comfort and support, a symbol of what is behind us now! Thank you Lord for this baby girl. Thank you for her spirit of determination and her ability to keep her eye on the prize. Thank you for the huge beaming smiles that flood her face when she reaches her goal. Thank you for the blessing of our Clara!

No comments: