Wednesday, August 06, 2008

9.5 Hours and Counting!

Well! Tomorrow is the "Big Day"! The one I have been dreaming of since....oh...May 22nd or so! Tomorrow is the first day of the 2008-2009 school year! Hallelujah!!! I am SO excited. Tomorrow morning will find all three of my kiddos in new clothes and squeaky new shoes with shiny new packpacks and virgin lunchboxes that have never seen the inside of the school cafeteria! They will all be dispatched, according to their designated timeslots, off to the wild new adventures this current school year has in store for them! I am SO happy. I am practically trembling with joy and excitement as I sit here typing this tonight! Ahhhh! Even Oscar has a morning appointment away from the house! He is meeting with his groomer for an intensive day at the doggie spa! Life is good! In anticipation of such a miraculous and special day, I purchased....are you ready for this?.....NEW TOILET BRUSHES!!!! Yes! I have HUGE housecleaning plans for tomorrow! Not only will I clean it...but it will STAY that way for a WHOLE 4 to 6 hours! WOW!!!!! It's kind of one of those events you need to stop and have a moment of silence over! I led our family in prayer tonight when we had our evening meal. My prayer was full of thanksgiving for the wonderful summer that we all shared and that it all flew by so blessedly quickly! I prayed for the schools tomorrow as they open up their doors to all of these sweet students and I especially prayed for the teachers who would be blessed with my own three special and endearing children! We proceeded to enjoy a wonderful steak dinner by candlelight to celebrate the start of the school year. Clara was VERY excited...but I have to say the Max met our celebration meal with a bit of skepticism and negativity. Obviously he was not sharing the celebratory vibes that I was generating. Or, it could have been the green beans that were on his plate...or the combination of the two! Anyway...I had a WONDERFUL dinner and am just sitting here tonight VERY, very excited about tomorrow! And so....here's to the 2008-2009 school year! May it be wonderful and wonderfully blessed! CHEERS!!!!

Clara and Chris share a "happy hug" as we begin our feast of celebration!

On the flip side, Max is not at all amused by the festivities or convinced that he has ANY reason to celebrate ANYTHING!!!

Ahhhh! The feast! Big juicy steaks, a cool fresh salad with yummy blue cheese dressing and thai green beans! Delicious!

No comments: