Friday, August 22, 2008

Hanging Out in My Yard

Last night I had the great treat of getting to photograph this little guy in our driveway. He was a bit camera shy...so I only got about six shots of him. Actually, the exterminator today told me that it was probably a her, and NOT a him! So it was a lady friend! I DEFINITELY would have liked more! But alas, it was not to be. I find these tarantula dudes to be SO facsinating! Yet, this is only the fourth one I have seen since moving to Tucson, nearly 4 years ago. And every time I try to take their picture something happens...like being camera shy or like my nosy neighbors trying to save me from the very thing I am trying to photograph. There's that! But I got this one. It will have to do.

Then today, right before I went to pick up my kiddos, I saw this gorgeous guy hanging out on the lantana out front. He was so pretty and big....but SO busy and would hardly sit still for a second! Anyway...that's what's been hanging out in my yard the past 24 hours! What's in your yard?

No comments: