Monday, August 25, 2008

The House of Grump!

Well...there is sickness....AGAIN in the Roberts house. Clara was miserable today, but made it through school. HOwever, when I picked her up she had a roaring headache and a low grade fever. She said she told the teacher twice her head was really hurting, but was told she would be just fine. Oh...she'll be fine all right. She'll be just fine at home with me tomorrow! The poor kid is coughing her head off. I'm sure her head was hurting after a full day of that. I have decided that teacher cannot be trusted to use good judgement in when to call the mommy or even when to send her to the nurse. And so...mommy is in charge now. Clara even felt bad enough this afternoon that she didn't even want to go to her dance class. And she usually loves to go to that! So there's that. Ben didn't even feel well enough to go to school. His sore throat is really, really fired up and he can hardly talk. He spent a very quiet day laying around and resting. Tons of snot coming from that boy! Not sure what his return status will be tomorrow as far as school goes. Chris came home from work today not feeling well. He was in bed asleep by the time I got back home this afternoon with Clara. Lots of misery and lots of grumpiness!

Before all the sickies came to roost, I did manage to squeeze in a trip to the gym this morning. Today I did the RPM class, which is a spinning class, again. I am trying it out here to see if I can develop a tolerance for it. I did it on Friday also and I have to tell you that my butt bones are still screaming in protest. My muscles are all fine. But my bones ain't a bit happy. I jumped back in the saddle again today, equipped with my beloved heart rate monitor (cue the music of doom!). I wanted to see just how many calories all that butt misery was worth! The verdict? NOT MANY! I burned only a whopping 380 calories in that class. My heart rate refused to go above 164 beats a minute. Despite the fact that I was sweating an ocean and was nauseas with exertion. Well...that made ME grumpy! I will have to now compare that to step class next Monday and see which class has the higher yield for me. I managed to make up the calorie burn and achieve a full 500 total with some weight lifting exercises after spin. Still. 380 calories kind of stinks! Oh well! Tomorrow is a new day...a new calorie total! Tomorrow is running day! That should be loads of fun!

Nothing else new going on. Lots of orders coming in right now that I need to get processed. Another busy week. Chris heads to Europe this weekend. It would be SO nice if everyone could just get well before he leaves. Know what I mean?! I am supposed to go to Spanish class tomorrow night...but I don't think I will go back. It's NOT a good idea to open up the conversational spanish class by telling everyone that they probably will NOT learn to speak much spanish in the class. Kind of kills the whole experience...know what I mean?

And so...now you know what's going on in the Casa de Roberts!

No comments: