Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chasing Butterflies

Today my family was sick. Well...three of the five of us are fighting a cold. Sore throats, congestion, coughing. The usual yucky cold stuff! So we didn't go to church or anywhere. We just hung out around the house. I spent a great part of the day laying in the bed reading and resting. I cooked a huge pot of homemade from scratch chicken noodle soup. It has magical healing powers, so we should all be feeling top notch tomorrow! And I spent some of the day out in the front yard chasing butterflies. They seem to be wildly attracted to my neighbor's red and orange lantana bushes. There have been quite a variety of butterfly visitors out there over the past few days. And so I grabbed my camera and went out to try and capture the wildlife! This was one of my favorites from the day!

I am hoping that all of my crew is feeling better and is able to return to school tomorrow. I am done with sickness and ready to move on from this. This is the second round of yuckies for poor Clara. She got sick the end of the first week of school. Missed one day and was able to head back on Monday. Then the end of the second week she came down with this yucky head cold. She has been very, very miserable and more than a little short tempered and cranky. I can't blame her. I was more than a little bit miserable myself this morning.

We managed to accomplish much this weekend, despite everyone feeling poorly. We headed out to Pima Community College on Saturday morning so that I could register for a class and get a student ID. THIS because we bought a new mac laptop and part of the special they were running was that I could get the Photoshop CS3 (my DREAM software) for an unbelievable bargain price of just $300 instead of the $1200 it would cost me otherwise. The only hitch is that in order to install it I had to have proof that I was a student. And so...I am now a student! We went to register for a class....ANY class and get my photo student ID so that I could get my CS3 up and running. Tonight it IS up and running and I LOVE IT!!!! After my college registration adventure, we headed down to the Ford place to drop off Chris' truck. The power extendable folding mirrors weren't doing what they were supposed to do, so we dropped it off for some TLC and service! Then we went shopping for a new bedding set. Chris has decided ours was making him crazy and he didn't like the way it felt. So after 4 stops we finally found something we liked okay. Then we had lunch out. Then we headed to Costco to stock up on a few necessary items. After that, we settled in as a family and watched the movie Nim's Island. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it, as did Clara. We all slept quite well and I woke up to donuts and coffee this morning! Chocolate donuts to boot! What a special treat! I couldn't help but think of my friend Jenny who has donuts and coffee EVERY SATURDAY morning! I only had ONE donut...not six. But it was yummy and it was nice that my family thought of me! The rest of the day we pretty much just laid around and rested. Tonight, I think we are feeling better. I feel better I think. And hopefully tomorrow, we will all be as good as new!

No comments: