Thursday, August 28, 2008

Score One for Crazy Mommy!

Well, I just got the most fantastic news from my Clara! Apparently, after hand shaking now, the whole class has to sanitize their hands! I asked Clara what happened....and she said that her teacher said that "Clara's mommy thinks we should use the hand gel after we shake hands!" So now the whole class knows it's Clara's neurotic mom who insisted on this new rule and regimen. But I am OKAY with that! One day they will thank me and their mothers will thank me for all the germs that will no longer be shared between them, for the snot that will no longer be swapped and for the extra shot of germ killing protection that will be at the very least, a temporary germ deterrent. I am overjoyed to get this news! And I know that I will sleep better tonight as a result. It's one small step for Mommy...one giant leap for germ warfare! I feel it is a real moment of triumph! The teacher did not call me or respond to my e-mail OR send any kind of note of response home. It's that "crazy mother" flag that has been raised I am sure! But as long as my baby girl's hands are clean and free of other children's body fluids and other exciting things...I am SO fine with that new designation! Just call me C-Mama! (C for CRAZY!!!!!!). And on that note....C-Mama is signing off for now!

No comments: