Friday, August 10, 2007

And Then the Heavens Opened Up...

...and God said "I hate you, Alfalfa." That is a line from the Little Rascals movie. And THAT is the kind of day I am having today. First things first...my toe is beyond painful today. I mean it hurts with the meanest kind of a hurt. It's angry, and purple and ugly and the slightest touch just makes it meaner and angrier. I had to take one of those pain pills within the first hour of being up this morning. And I have decided that that is the LAST one of those things I will take. They make me feel agitated. My mouth goes sticky, and I am sleepy...but not in a lay down and actually go to sleep kind of way. And I am over sensitive to light, and motion and everything. And nauseaus. HOLY COW! I had to have Jackie pull the car over on the side of the road this morning while she was helping me get my errands run. I nearly lost it...I can't remember when I have felt that sick before. I scrapped all my other errands. I just can't do them. I am too sick feeling and in too much pain. So...another day...little to nothing accomplished. Then to make matters even worse this morning...Max comes down the stairs in tears. His hamster is dead. So...I am trying to comfort the child...all the while rushing him out the door to the bus (which actually showed up today when it was supposed to). I don't dare ask how much worse a day can get. I already know the answer. But I am just really praying for a reprieve right now. A reprieve from the pain, and the nausea, and the dying animals....you name it. I just feel like crap. So...that's the day in a nutshell. I have definitely had better, here in the desert.

2 comments:

mandy said...

oh my goodness girl. what can we do to help you??

Mary Jones said...

Ok... you need to call the doctor and get a different pain med. There are many others and you don't even have to go in to get it. Tell Max... so sorry for him. We feel his loss.