Monday, August 06, 2007

Thankful

I spent Sunday afternoon at the hospital working with a family who is faced with losing their precious little one. As I left the hospital I was once again reminded of how very blessed I am to have three healthy children. And to have gotten them here into this world without incident. I felt so blessed to have been able to share and document a few precious moments of this child's life for this family. I realized how greatly God has blessed me with this photography and I am just so thankful that I have been given opportunities like the one on Sunday...and countless others...to use my talent in such a way that gives families precious keepsakes of their angels. I realized that these sessions are my real passion. NOT that I don't adore all the smiling (and often NOT smiling) little ones that come into my little studio. But there is something so amazing about being able to share what you know are just a few short moments here on earth with a child and their family. What an honor...to be allowed to share...even a few of those. I am humbled beyond belief each and every time I witness God's miracles and see his work in these tiny little lives. I never, ever leave the same person as I went into the session as. Each time I am changed a bit in ways I never could imagine. And each time I carry a little bit of that angel out with me. They stay in my thoughts and prayer constantly for a while. Those babies...and those sweet families who are having to say goodbye. This is my passion...to be able to place a tangible memory in these parents hands...a way to remember those moments that were just too short.

1 comment:

mandy said...

thank you. from a mom who would give anything to have known a photographer who would give such a precious gift four and half years ago. thank you.