Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekends Go By Too Fast!

Well...it's Sunday night. Back to school first thing tomorrow morning. The weekends sure do fly by! We accomplished much this weekend. For starters, Chris and I did a new class at the gym on Saturday...BodyFlow. It's a yoga/stretching class. It was amazing. Awesome. Challenging. Painful to be sure. And the best part of it (besides getting to do it side by side with Chris), was that at the very end, there are nine, that's right, NINE blissful heavenly minutes where you just LAY THERE, relaxing, eyes closed...pure heaven I tell you. I don't know when I have felt that wonderful after a class. I cannot wait to go back on Tuesday night...neither can Chris! We both officially now own a yoga mat...not something I ever saw myself owning...but I really, really, REALLY loved this class. After the workout we all managed a nice little nap...not too long, not too short. Just right. Then Chris and I dropped the kids off at Jackie's and we headed into town to do a little bit of shopping. This is always more pleasant and accomplished MUCH easier without the kids along. So we hit the mall, and a couple of other places and then had dinner out at the Mexican place. Then picked up the kids, bathed them and put them in the bed! On to Sunday. We got up...took care of some house chores (much to my children's dismay). Maxwell learned how to sort laundry and get it started in the machine. Then we headed off to church. I ended up helping out in the two year old class. That one is NOT my favorite. I adore two year olds...individually...but a whole class of them and all their drama and chaos just make me nuts. On a whole, that group of little ones is just wildly uncooperative. The boys anyway. The girls were fairly delightful and listened a good part of the time. But those boys are just stinkers. And when one is stinkin' the others just fall in and add their own stink to the pot. The girls will listen, but the boys just DON'T. They have their own agenda. And by the time you get them anywhere near the area and activity you need them to do...it has taken so much time that the girls have now abandoned ship and have also gone off to do their own things. There was MUCH crying and more temper tantrums than I could count. I spent most of the morning just thanking God that my own little ones are past that age! Really, really, really thanking God that they are past that age. After church we headed straight to HOme Depot. When we bought our appliance last month, we got them at a great discount by waiting a couple of extra days to buy them...so much so, that we decided to go ahead and order our window treatments for the family room sliding glass door. Now...this is a particularly obnoxious sliding glass door as it is so huge. A special order case...of course...which is always especially expensive. But we set out today to get those ordered! In addition to saving 10% on all of our appliances, we also got $250 in Home Depot gift cards as some sort of promotion they had connected to appliance sales. So...gift cards in hand we ordered our track shade things and they SHOULD arrive on or about September 3rd. We shall see! I am VERY excited about having these up before winter comes again. When it is cold outside and it gets dark so early, that huge glass door always feels like a huge black hole in our room. It will be nice to be able to pull these blinds closed and feel like there is still some warmth in this room. After Home Depot, Chris got started on clearing out some tree branches that he cut down a good few days ago. He got them all chopped into small and manageable pieces. We filled the trash to busting and then another 5 big black garbage bags on top of that. While he took care of that, I took care of inside tasks, like dishes and clutter, etc. On a down note...Mother Nature has NOT arrived per schedule. AND...I have spent the last two days being rather nauseaus. Pure coincidence I am sure. Pray with all your heart that that is the case. Chris has had a vasectomy and I have been on the birth control pill until just this past week. I am not planning to take them anymore from here on out. However...there is this nagging little situation where Mother Nature really should have put in an appearance...yet has not. And I have this general all the time queasy feeling going nearly all the time. Except when it all of a sudden spikes like crazy and I run to the bathroom and actually get quite ill. That has only happened once (yesterday)...but it certainly got my attention. I can't be pregnant right now. That's all I have to say about that. I feel certain that God knows this and would not allow this at this point in my life. I can't go there. I can't do that. I just can't. Pray for a swift and sure arrival of Mother Nature. Very, very swift would be just fantastic! That's all the news here. We are back off to school again tomorrow. So much fun, so much work...most likely, so much yelling about 7:20 a.m. tomorrow morning trying to get Max out the door. Don't you just love Mondays?! Weekends are just too short!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

yes... time does seem to be flying by. you will have to keep us posted on that mother nature thing. and the mexican food... well we are anxious for some at Christmas. for now... we do our own at home. Glad all is well with you! sounds like the chores are working ... this is a good thing!