Friday, August 24, 2007

Roll Over!

That's the new trick I taught our puppy, Oscar! He mastered it effortlessly...just a couple of quick sessions! However...I think I have created a little monster! He is now just throwing himself into rolls all over the house to get treats. It's the funniest thing. I had him practicing his "down-stay" a bit ago...and we were going for a full minute. Well, 45 seconds into the stay, Oscar got discouraged and impatient waiting for the treat...so his little butt is wiggling and I know he's getting ready to come out of this and ruin it...so I give him one more admonishing "STAY"...at which point he looks at me and proceeds to roll over. Of course, he is expecting a treat for his new awesome little trick...which of course, I give him...he's just so darned cute! I thought I would move on to another trick for him...maybe "sit pretty"...but every time I try to work with him on it...he just lays down and rolls over. So I think I'm going to have to let him get this one out of his system a bit before we add a new one! And maybe he just doesn't want to BE pretty! Maybe we should go for a trick with a manlier title...like "be handsome" or something. Maybe he would do that! He's too funny! In the meantime...every time he thinks I am looking at him he starts rolling! So...that's what's going on in the Roberts house today!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

Sounds like Miss Tonya has herself a new baby in the house. He sounds adorable... can't wait to meet him at Christmas.