Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Grumbling

I have a client that is making me crazy. CRAZY!!!! CRAAAZZZZYYYYYYY!!! I am a fairly patient person. Especially with business matters. HOWEVER....this one....GRRRRRR. I am not sure how much of this I can take. This person is just as nice as she can be. Really...just lovely. But she is making me NUTS!!!! I am thinking that I am going to have to take a photography sabatical and just NOT be a photographer for a while. It is one thing after another...can I reproof the pictures because it's too hard to see them where the proof mark is...and can I print out a sheet of every single pose I did with her child so she can show her all the ones she DIDN'T choose one day???!!!! (what is UP with that?!!!)...oh...and can I switch every freaking single picture around on every single storyboard that I designed for her...just so she can come right back to the original and declare it the best?!. Oh...and we just did our second session (still haven't gotten the order for the first one!!!). She showed up on time...only NOT ready. Curlers in hair...NONE of them dressed. It was a FULL hour after her appointment time before we EVER took the first picture. There were curling irons all over my living room and half of a closet I think of clothes! But we got through the pictures. And today...TODAY...I get this list...this very, very , very long list of pictures that she would like for me to delete from her gallery...then REPOST her gallery online for her...so that it will be less taxing to look at?! But the fun does not stop there. NO!!! In addition...there is another equally long list of pictures with crazy order wishes...like can I make this child's eyes less red (see...mom did not want to wrinkle her shirt..so she instead let child cry for no less than a half hour at arm's length..thus the red eyes), and can I fix her child's mouth because she did not smile nicely...and can I switch heads out of like a MILLION pictures and put them on some others?! GOOD FREAKING GRIEF!!!!!!!! I am a photographer...not an artist OR a miracle worker. I cannot fathom how many hours it will take me to even begin to wade through her list...much less actually fix the things on it. I cannot even think about it right now. It gives me a headache. And I DO MEAN a BIG ONE!!! I was excited to get this referral before. This lady does pictures EVERY SINGLE MONTH THE FIRST YEAR! That's a lot of business. However...after just now finishing month 9 pictures...I have to say that 10, 11 and 12...well. I am weary already and I simply do not know if I can keep up this pace for another 3 shoots. Hell...I haven't even processed the first two! I hate to grumble. I should be so thankful for this business opportunity. Only...I just think of how wonderful and sweet and easy and delightful ALL of my other people have been...and I just am feeling a bit grumbly about it all right now. This woman is just nuts....and I am thinking it's contagious if you have to hang around with OR work with her too much! Because I am definitely feeling a bit nuts right now...and NONE too happy about these crazy long lists of hers. Is it SO hard to just pick your stupid pictures from the gallery? Noone else seems to have any trouble with it. NO ONE. The way I see it...you either like them...or you don't like them. Head bang, head bang, head bang...that's where I am right now...this afternoon. I imagine I have said just about enough about this. Thank you for listening. And remember...DO NOT harass the photographer. It just isn't NICE!!!!

No comments: