Monday, March 21, 2005

150.4

And so the scale is finally cooperating with me. I think I would have had to smash it through the window if it had not started showing smaller numbers. Chris tells me that this happens to me every single month at the same time...I suddenly pick up several pounds of water weight and stay bloated for a week or so and then I lose it all and go back to my normal self. Of course, I would never readily admit that he is right...so I am logging it here to see if there is any truth to his observations. Regardless, I am thrilled to see the 4 pound loss and hope to see more in the coming days. I burned another 800 calories in the gym this morning on the elliptical. I don't know if I will make it into the gym tomorrow as I have to wait to sign for a package...but if it comes early enough then I will definitely be there.

Not much else going on. I cleaned the two downstairs bathrooms today and folded and put away some laundry. I played with Clara outside for a while and got the chance to meet the new neighbor. I met Chris and his coworker for lunch today...but the place took so long that they had to rush and take their food with them...so it wasn't much of a lunch I guess. Clara and I went to Fry's to pick up a few groceries...milk, bread, the usual. Chris is going out of town tomorrow afternoon, just for the night. He will be back on Wednesday night. Benjamin has a nasty booboo on his index finger that was all swollen and blisterlike this morning when he got up. Chris pierced it with a needle and drained the fluid so it would not be so tender. But this evening it was swelling again and is red. So we flushed it with lots of hydrogen peroxide and flushed it some more. Can't say that Ben enjoyed the whole procedure...but it honestly looks pretty angry and yucky. Then we slathered him up good with triple antibiotic cream and Spiderman bandaids and sent him to bed. We will look at the issue again tomorrow morning and see how it looks. If it doesn't look a lot better, then Mr. Ben will be heading in for an appointment with the doc. That, my dear is life in the Roberts house. Guess that is all for today. Till later!

No comments: