Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A New Blog

So, I just created this blog....an online journal of sorts. Perhaps I might keep it up better than I do my paper version! We are new to the great state of Arizona. Been here a whole 3 months now! So far, so good. We bought a house in a nice neighborhood and seem to have nice neighbors. Our children are enrolled in a good public school with wonderful teachers. My husband seems to totally love his new job (headaches and all) and I am awed every single day by the beauty I have found here in this desert. In my wildest dreams I would never have imagined such beauty and simplicity. Maybe that is why I love it so....it is totally simple and not fussy. Just neat and clean and simple and straightforward. It has been a refreshing experience for me and my family. My children seem so genuinely happy and are thriving here with new friends and new surroundings. Not that they did not have wonderful friends back home...but now...they just seem so much happier. Life is good in the desert and I guess I am just really feeling grateful for all of God's blessings in this area. He totally orchestrated this move for us...each and every incredible detail...and Chris and I have felt so touched and blessed from the moment we arrived here. And the blessings just go on...Chris' parents are moving here next month...so we will have family just a little over a mile down the road. I am just SO excited about that. That is something to cherish and be truly thankful for. If I could choose only one word to describe the move here to Arizona.....I guess that I would just have to pick grateful. God has been so generous and merciful with us and has provided each and every need we have had. I see His hand at work in our lives here nearly every day....in our home, in my children, in the people He has placed in our paths. I am just grateful for all the blessings that God has SO generously poured out on us. We don't deserve it. We don't deserve to live in such a beautiful place in such a beautiful home.....I am just so thankful for the blessings.

1 comment:

Lori Seaborg said...

So maybe you don't deserve it all, but I'm still glad He chose to give you it all! I'm glad I found your blog!! (Okay, so I coerced you into giving it to me).