Friday, March 11, 2005

Life in the Fast Lane

Today is crazy...and I cannot imagine why I am sitting here updating this crazy blog. Lord knows I have about a million things to do in the next hour and a half. Spring break officially begins at 3:15 today. By 4 p.m. my happy and cheerful (at least they better be!) family should be in the car accompanied by one big fat fluffy dog on the way to the kennel to settle the dog in and then on the way to the airport! We have a 7:25 p.m. flight with Billings, Montana as our destination. I feel bad for my boy's two teachers today. Max and Ben are SO excited that they are nearly unbearable. Even Clara is asking every hour or so if it is time to go get on the airplane. There are plans to ski while we are there and that is all the boys need to hear...they cannot wait to hit the slopes. The bad twist to all of this is that we will not actually make it out to Chris' folk's house until after 1 a.m. Then, Chris and his brother Todd have all kinds of crazy plans to get on up tomorrow morning and take the kids skiing. Nuts if you ask me. I think that everyone is bound to just be exhausted...but hey...if they are crazy enough to try it, then they can go for it! I personally am not planning to ski this time around. I was just not very good at it at all and am pretty sure that I could seriously injure myself with little or no effort at all on those slippery and crazy slopes! I think that Clara and I will just hang out and try to take in some shopping and sites. I'll leave the skiing adventure to the men! I worry lots about my dog...she is old and lazy and sleeps about 90% of the day. And I hope that that is exactly what she does these next few days at the kennel. But I always worry in the back of my mind, that maybe she will stress out about being there with all those other dogs and the stress will prove to be too much and she will simply kill over while we are gone. I would hate to think that that was how and where she spent her last moments of life...away from her family who loves her....alone in a strange kennel. Nice happy vacation thoughts, huh? I'm sure she will be fine, but I do worry for her. I imagine that once we pull out of there I will not have too much time to worry about her while trying to entertain 3 tired kids on the airplane. Mostly I just pray that we have a safe trip and a good time and that I did not forget anything major. Did I mention that I love my husband today? Yes, I do. Very, very much. Well...Bon Voyage! See you next week!

2 comments:

Lori Seaborg said...

Last time we left a dog in a kennel, I needed to worry about the kennel, NOT the dog. She had "Separation Anxiety" of the worst sort when she wasn't with me. Sure enough, when I got her back, they were NOT pleased with that yelping, annoying dog who tried to chew and claw through their cages for a week.

Tonya Roberts said...

Casey did well in the kennel for the most part...though when we went to pick her up and the man went to get her out of her run...she bit him! So Chris ended up having to go back and get her out and then she practically threw herself into his arms. Somehow I don't think she enjoyed her vacation nearly as much as we did!