Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday

So today was a good day as far as Mondays go. I got the kids off to school all organized and in one piece. Then Clarabelle and I headed for the gym so that we could continue the grueling task of reworking mommy's love handles into the supermodel magazine cover girl that has become my new inspiration! All went well there. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then headed downstairs to do a few weights and abs. Only, my sinuses were killing me. My teeth were on edge and it really was terribly painful to drop my head down. I thought I would die when I laid back to do my sit ups. So when I finally finished that set...there was NO WAY I was going to lay back and put myself through the sinus pain again...so I called the final 15 minutes of my supermodel-want-to-be workout a wash and headed home. Once home I loaded up on the Sudafed and grabbed a quick shower and Clara and I headed out the door once again. We went to the children's shop and bought a snazzy baby gate for the kitchen. That way we can block off the front of the house from the dog, Casey...specifically, my brand new red microfiber living room couch that she seems to have developed quite an affinity for. I haven't actually caught her on the couch...but I know she has been there. I can tell she has been sleeping there when we leave, because she leaves her dog hair (blonde, mind you) all over the red. And I can see doggy drool spots where she has snored her day away. No sir...we cannot have that! So...enter the baby gate! Now...whenever I head out I can place it in position across the little hallway into the kitchen and VOILA! Casey no longer has access to the front of the house. Granted...she has a huge rest of the house to mope about in. She has the whole huge kitchen and family room, our master bedroom and bath. Her food and water are in this area, so really, as far as a dog goes, it doesn't get much better...unless you happen to get the blessing to go ahead and sleep on the brand new red microfiber couch! Which she definitely DOES NOT get! Once we were armed with our baby gate we headed home and put forth an all out assault on the laundry. Got TONS of that finished. And then it was time to get the boys. Once they were home it was the usual homework drill. Ben was SO aggravating. He has been assigned an oral presentation for next Monday. I read over the assignment and sat down to start preparing this presentation. Ben then informed me that he doesn't have to practice. I told him he certainly does. He says "But not with you!". At which point I repeated that he certainly does. Let's just say that our first test drive of said presentation did not go well. That child is SO hard headed and belligerent and difficult and stubborn and ....well, I could go on all day. I was a wee bit frustrated. But alas, tomorrow is a new day. And so...I am off to spend the rest of this fine evening with my hubby. Tomorrow will be here before we know it and we will be off and running...AGAIN!

No comments: