Wednesday, March 16, 2005

So Proud of Me!

Well, we just returned home from our spring break ski vacation....all in one piece and all smiles! I did something that I was sure I would never do again. I strapped on some skis and went for a whirl! After my last experience I NEVER ever wanted to try that again. I spent WAY more time on my behind than I did on my feet last time and all sorts of ugly things about cursed snow came flying out of my mouth...last time. But this time, my dear, sweet husband got me a private lesson and with some one on one fine tuning...I actually found myself skiing! It was awesome and exhilirating. And even though I only went down the beginners green slope....I am SO proud of myself. I have such an incredible sense of accomplishment. Of course...I prayed myself down that mountain each and every time and each and every time I was delivered safe and sound at the bottom. As a matter of fact, I only fell down one time! And that one time, I quit praying and started checking out my husbands cute little butt swishing down the trail in front of me and as I really started admiring it....that's when I found myself on my hiney. And getting back on my feet was a pretty major ordeal after that. So that was my last run. I decided to quit while I was ahead. It was great fun and my sweet family skied right along beside me those last 3 runs, even though they were WAY more advanced than that silly little run. It was a day to remember and I am actually looking forward to doing it again next year. Our whole visit was quite nice. We had the whole guest house to ourselves and it was a treat...our little family all snug and warm off in the little cottage. It was sweet. Chris and I really had a chance to consider our many blessings. And I dearly love my husband...have I mentioned that previously? So anyway....we are back now. Alive and well and trying to settle back in. I have 3 really tired and cranky kiddos. One of them is showing me her red headed side right now...can you guess who that might be? We had to get up at 3 a.m. this morning to leave and get our flight. Chris' parents live over an hour away from the airport so we had to boogie early this morning. Clara caught a very brief nap on one of the plane hops this morning, but that has worn off now and we are most definitely in melt down mode. So...on that note, I am signing off for today. Until later!

2 comments:

Lori Seaborg said...

Glad you made it back safely. I can't imagine having any fun in that cold of weather -- I am SO over winter after spending winter breaks in Northern Illinois for a few years. Tim went up to Ohio last week to get our van and it was 30 for a HIGH. We were enjoying 75 and blue-sky-days down here at the same time.

Way to go on the ski slope!

Tonya Roberts said...

I have to admit that I have a pretty big head about the whole skiing thing! I am just thrilled to have accomplished it! Isn't it funny how something that is just no big deal for one person can be HUGE for someone else? No big deal for Chris and the kids, but has been MAJOR and exciting for me!