Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thursday

Things are still going great with the battle of the bulge! Today was the third day I stayed at the 149 mark on the scale...it's officially not a bounce, but a stick! Then I was reading an article that says that it is important to eat every three hours...no exceptions. Breakfast at 7a.m., snack at 10 a.m., lunch at 1 p.m., snack at 4 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. Every day...always. Apparently our bodies go into starvation protection mode at just over the 3 hour mark, so if we eat every three hours, we avoid the body kicking in and burning our muscle reserves. So I might try this. Also, the snacks need to be around 100 calories apiece...they can be anything...chocolate, m&ms, popcorn, yogurt...whatever you like...just keep it around 100 calories. I will have to try and see if it makes any difference.

Today we go to pick up Jim and Jackie at the airport...for good! They are permanently here as of 5:45 this evening. They will be staying with us for a few days until they get the keys to their new house. The kids and Chris and I are all so excited to have them close again. I hope they love Arizona as much as we do. It will be so nice to have family close by us again.

Not much else going on today. Chris called at lunch and took Clara and I out to eat today. We had a little date and it was nice to spend some time with him. Bless his heart...he worked until after 8 last night and was exhausted when he got home and was in bed really early...or at least early for us. Hopefully things will slow down a bit for him in the next week. I'm glad he likes his job so much, or else this whole thing would really stink...for us and for him!

I am loving my house right now. Our new furniture is all in place...minus the one chair that is STILL out there somewhere. If is was not SUCH an awesome and cool chair we would just tell them to keep it...but we really, really like the chair. So we wait. The other furniture looks really nice. My china cabinet in the dining room is so sleek and gorgeous. It has all come together so nicely. All we need now are a few accessories in the rooms and we will be set. I love the feel of this house and the way it fits our family so nicely. I am thankful every day that we bought this home and that God has provided so perfectly for us here. We are so blessed. Love my house, love my new yard, love my new town, love my husband and kids...love my life. I am SO blessed. God is such an AMAZING and GOOD God...if you had told me six months ago what my life would be like today...I would never have believed you. Six months ago, my dream house was in a wrecked shambles after Hurricane Ivan. Everything was a mess and it was a LONG road to repair. Our life was just turned upside down. And then God stepped in and did all of this...not just for my family...but for the Holznecht family as well. I will write about them later...but God is amazing...we trusted Him and His call and here we are...we followed the whisper and now I could just shout every single day with the joy I feel about being here in this place. God is good.

No comments: