Tuesday, March 08, 2005

In God's Hands

Well, this is definitely a time to really let go and let God reign in my life. I spent all day yesterday at Urgent Care trying to diagnose a really, really bad sore throat. It had been hurting for quite a while...weeks actually. But yesterday I had finally had enough and was just eternally cranky with the kids and the husband and the dog and everyone! I figured I needed some allergy medication to get the post nasal drainage under control. And since I don't have a local doctor here yet, I figured Urgent Care would work to help me with this annoying allergy problem. When I got there though...it turned out to be way more than allergies. A major sinus infection to be exact...one of the most interesting cases they had seen. My throat was so swollen, they had never even seen one like it...they actually sent me for x-rays to be sure that my throat had not abcessed and they drew blood as well for a white count. Turned out just fine...diagnosis: sinus infection. I came home with MEGA antibiotics, but a short 24 hours later am already noticing improvement. It is nice not to have my throat scream each and every time I attempt to swallow. So I was exhausted after all of that yesterday. Chris and I collapsed into bed last night and I slept quite well...until a little before 5 a.m. when Clara woke up screaming and crying and throwing up all over the place. Bless her heart, she threw up over and over again and could not even hold down a sip of water for hours. We finally turned the corner around lunch time and as of 4:00p.m. she is still tolerating saltines and gingerale. So now, all three kids have had this stomach crud and Chris and I are hoping that our turn is NOT next. We are taking a mini vacation this Friday and neither of us are crazy about the idea of boarding an airplane with stomach crud amongst us. The boys have high expectations of skiing when we get to Montana and it will not do to have Chris ill and unable to hit the slopes. I can tell you now that if that happens the kids are just out of luck, as their dear mommy is NOT a skier. I have been there and tried that and found the whole ordeal to be terrifying, utterly frustrating and downright difficult. Those downhill Olympic skiers always make it look so easy. Swooosh. Off they go. I tell you...it did not even come close to happening like that for me. It was more like...splat, ouch, crash, ouch, skerploosh, ouch. You get the picture. I spent way more time on my backside, than on my skis. If my boys like it....I think that is just great. As for me and my wee girl, I think that we will just spend our day shopping and having hot cocoa in the little town at the bottom of the mountain! I don't care if I never ski again....a risk taker I AM NOT, and I definitely declared to skiing to be hazardous to my personal health! So, as the day progresses, we all seem to be feeling a little better, though chaos still reigns here. Clara is obviously bouncing back. She is running around in fits of temper at the boys and stomping her feet and telling me she is being "uggy", like I can't see her blatantly acting ugly myself. Noone seems to be able to agree about anything that is on t.v. and even the dog refuses to cooperate and go outside for a potty break for me. On days like this when I am tired and a bit short tempered, it is easy to give in to the chaos and exhaustion and yell and scream and get utterly frustrated with the kids...who of course, seem to heap it on especially thick (they sense your weakness you know) at times like this. And so it is on days like this that I find I have to TOTALLY get focused on God and have double and triple prayer times to keep that focus and stay calm and even tempered with my children. I adore them...love them to death....but they can really yank my chain at times and if I don't lean on the Lord I might just go crazy. So today my prayer is that God will just reign and rule in our house. That he will calm the storm in our home and heal our weak and tired bodies and soothe our crazy and frazzled nerves.

3 comments:

Lori Seaborg said...

Skiing, scuba diving, and the Zipper at the County Fair...been there, done that, will never do that again. I'm a Mommy and it's important that I do not die.

Tonya Roberts said...

Well said...that is exactly how I feel.

Tonya Roberts said...

Well said...that is exactly how I feel.