Thursday, March 17, 2005

Coming Back Down...in more ways than one!

Today was a day of catch up and rest...a time for coming back down the mountain after all of our skiing and vacation time. There was the usual laundry to catch up and dishes and suitcases to put away. There was cleaning of the bathrooms and dusting of the furniture. The kids were quite tired (though they vehemently denied it). Clara showed us her "uggy" behavior this morning until I could no longer take it at noon. I had come to the conclusion at that point that she was either still quite tired from our trip, or most definitely possessed. I mean I would not have been too terribly surprised if her head had started spinning around. She was WAY cranky. The boys played amazingly well together all day long. That was nice. And Max had an unbelievably helpful and sweet attitude about him all day. He got out of bed smiling and offering to help in any way we needed him...and it continued all day long. It was really very refreshing. Max has been moody and sultry and difficult to take some days. Today was a real gift with him...I truly enjoyed having him around. Now, at the close of day, my two boys are tucked into bed and Clara is trying to find out Where's Waldo with her daddy. She too will be heading to bed very shortly. And by the way...the nap did her wonders. She slept over 2 hours...nearly 3. And ever since has been rather charming. She has had a moment here and there, but for the most part she has been pretty sweet. I am hoping that tomorrow everyone will awaken feeling really refreshed and ready to enjoy a weekend.

So, I had some bad news...my bathroom scale is up like multiple pounds. I SO hate that. My clothes don't feel tight though and I am surprised about that. Now, because I said that I will not be able to get my jeans up over my big old bottom tomorrow...but that's okay I guess. I am definitely going to have to get all of this under control. Ben was coughing this morning so I decided not to head to the gym (I hate sharing kid cooties). So instead of just writing the day off as yet another day of rest...I dug out my old Tae Bo tape and set to work sculpting my hard body. It was quite a painful experience. I had forgotten just what a difficult workout that one was. I did it years ago and lost a ton of weight and really shaped up...but then I grew bored and quit. I was definitely feeling the burn by the time the tape was over. I will be shocked if my behind is not screaming in protest with my every move tomorrow morning. I must move that scale number back down into the acceptable range and we are SO not there right now. So in addition to coming off our mountain high, I now also have to come off the scale high! Today's reading (strictly for accountability) was 153.2. Not a good one for me.

I have spent a lot of time lately reading other people's blogs and I am always so impressed at how God is speaking to all of these people and really using them and their words to touch other's lives. I then realize that my blog does not really accomplish this yet. And I think that I need more fruit in my life. I need to get back in touch with the Lord and have my time with Him in study. Goodness knows that I talk with Him throughout the day...I frequently lift up prayers for wisdom, and prayers of thanksgiving and prayers of want and need. But the area I am most lacking in is actual study. My friend always says in her blog that she was reading in this book or the other of the bible and was reminded of this or saw that in her own life. And I always wonder what led her to that book and that passage at that time. Did she just flip it open and start reading somewhere? Or did she get a hint? Or is she following some sort of study? Every time I open it up...I just get sort of off track and lose my train of thought and end up thinking of everything except what I am reading about. I need to work on that. I need a jumping off point...somewhere besides Genesis 1:1. I like Genesis a lot, but I never get too far past that chapter before I run out of bible steam. I will have to pray that one up I guess and see just what God has to say about that.

No comments: