Friday, July 06, 2007

Cardboard?!?

Okay...so I just got off the treadmill from doing my morning run. Thanks to the humidity I only managed 6 miles instead of 7 today. It's just too thick and sticky. Anyway...while I am running, I am watching t.v. I watched a little of this and a little of that...nothing really held my interest for more than a few minutes at any point this morning. However...I was watching the commercials and the new Tampax commercial comes on talking about "Time for an upgrade". And it shows a girl's blah blah boring closet turned into a super huge store sized closet with all sorts of glamorous stuff in it. It also shows a girl working out at the gym and her view is this big ugly guy...but then "it's time for an upgrade" and her view changes to this gorgeous hunk of a guy. Then it goes on to show tampons and says "time for an upgrade" and then I'm expecting something new and unique and they show "Tampax Cardboard". Cardboard? Cardboard is an upgrade? We're talking luxury closets and hunky men...and that's on par with cardboard tampons? What the heck is THAT all about and who is the marketing genius behind that one. Ooooh cardboard...those sound comfortable. And the box is ugly too...it's the usual TAMPAX in white letters on the blue box...but in a HUGE bright yellow box in huge letters it says CARDBOARD. Anyway...this entry pretty much has nothing to do with anything. Other than to say that that commercial does NOT entice my desire for cardboard tampons. I like the ones that say something like "Pearl" or "Comfort" or "Satin" or "Princess"...NOT cardboard. Cardboard may be the latest and greatest craze...but I'm going to have to go with the old lousy NOT cardboard ones. I want the ones in the pretty box that promise me comfort and freedom and everything else under the sun! Just my two cents.

No comments: