Tuesday, July 31, 2007

SO Close...but then...not so much so...

All four new appliances are currently sitting in my kitchen. Beautiful in all of their stainless glory! The dishwasher installed so easily. The microwave installed so easily. The new fridge installed so easily. The new stove...well it is currently sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor...NOT installed. Apparently, this stove we bought is part gas and part electric. Isn't that neat? Except...apparently, even though the stove requires electricity to work...it does not COME with a power cord with which to plug it in. Hmmmm. That's a new one for me. I've never bought any appliance that REQUIRES electricity that was without the cord needed to supply said electricity. And somehow...Home Depot failed to mention that it was a little extra accessory that we would need. Also...we paid a $50 installation fee...ONLY to find out that these people don't install gas appliances. So...we paid for...? What's just so funny (only not really funny at all) is that the lady told us that we had to make sure to purchase a brand new gas line because they won't hook up the new stove to an old line. So I have this brand new gas line sitting here on my counter for the installation people who don't actually install anything having to do with gas, but which I have paid them to install...I am thinking that somewhere, somehow, there is a very serious idiot factor at work right now! Chris will just have to step in here and do his man thing and fix this situation for me! I LOVE the new appliances...even though one is clearly NOT where it belongs. That aside...the kitchen looks amazing! I will post a picture once we conquer our little stove issues! In the meantime...my delicious, wonderful, Southern Living gourmet dinner (which I imagine I MIGHT be inspired to cook IF my stove was hooked up....maybe) is just going to have to wait another night!

No comments: