Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Middle School

Today was registration day at the middle school where Max will be a sixth grader in two short weeks. It was exciting (and a little scary) to see where my son will be spending the next three years of his educational life. Today's process involved getting his picture made for his i.d. card and the yearbook, signing up for parent newsletters, finding out about and registering for the bus schedule, getting his class schedule, buying yearbooks, purchasing p.e. uniforms (which, according to his schedule he would need), purchasing school spirit t-shirts, getting lunch cards loaded, and getting checked off with the health office that all immunizations, etc were up to date. Then we got to actually walk his schedule and try to find all of his classes. We located all of those, along with his locker. Opening the locker proved to be quite a challenge for Mr. Max! In addition to just being a new experience for him (the combination lock thing), there was a bit of a trick to it. It took several attempts to get it open and then we were successful only with the help of a veteran student. Once we were let in on the trick, I had Max open it about 10 more times just to be sure he could do it! When we left I think he was feeling fairly confident about it all. He found out while we were there that one of his best buddies is going to be in the first 5 of 7 classes. And there lockers are only about 3 or 4 apart there...so the two of them are planning to stick together! That makes me feel a bit better about it all! I think he is really excited...a bit nervous, but really excited. In addition to the new school, will come the added challenge of riding the bus. To make it more exciting, he will ride a different bus home in the afternoon than what he rode in the morning. To tell you the truth, mom was just stressed out over so many complicated changes...but Max seems to be either pretty okay with them, or just still currently oblivious to them. Anyway...it was a good and informative morning. I'm not sure I am any more relaxed about the start of the year after it...maybe just the opposite! But either way the big day is fast approaching!

Headache is all gone today. It persisted right through 5 p.m. yesterday. A very long and drawn out episode for sure. I had to do my first photo session ever with a nasty migraine going. That was interesting and I wondered for a time if I would be able to get through it. But alas, I did! I pretty much lived on ibuprofen yesterday...but I got through it. And the family that came was so totally fun and their pictures were SO good. They will be appearing on the website VERY soon. I actually have quite a bit that needs to go up and change out! I'm sure Chris won't be too excited about it...but I sure am. I LOVE some of the new stuff that is going up!

And while my headache is better, I have definitely injured something in the front of my leg. Not sure if it is a quadricep or hip flexor or groin muscle...but it has been singing painfully now since Sunday. Pretty much every step I take really. really hurts a lot. So...no running today. Heck...it took 4 ibuprofen just to be able to walk around the campus with Max this morning at registration. There might be a couple more quiet days here in my future...though I would be overjoyed to wake up and find it cured tomorrow morning!

The rest of the day is somewhat busy. I have pictures tomorrow for one little one that I am very excited to see. She has the funniest little expressions and I hope she will be up to sharing them tomorrow morning! I am off today to buy a goldfish and bowl for her shoot...something I want to try with her. Hoping it will come out precious! After that I have another couple of errands to do...and THEN...I am going out on a date with my hubby! We are going appliance shopping tonight! Hooray! When they built our house, the original owners put white appliances in...even though the countertops are very nearly black and we have black iron hardware on all of the cabinets. It just doesn't look right. So tonight we will begin the process of looking at some new ones! HOW exciting!!!! Then after that is a girls night out at Applebees...so I gotta figure that one out too! Anyway...lot of fun and excitement tonight! Can't wait!

So that is what is going on in our house today! Life is good here in the desert!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

It appears that life is on the "mend" for you. Sounds like a wonderful and full day. Have a good nights sleep so tomorrow will be more of the same.