Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Ran Ten

Miles that is! That's right...I said 10! Feel free to leave your congratulations in the comments section below! I have NO idea what got into me. I just hopped onto my trusty treadmill for a quick spot of exercise and next thing I know I am rolling right over the 10 mile marker! It is amazing what you can do with some great music playing in your ears! I felt like I could have just run and run...which I did! It was QUITE an accomplishment. The first time this gal has run that distance, for sure. And while it felt great to do it...I will be the first to admit that it WON'T be happening tomorrow...or even the next day...or maybe not even this week again. Heck...it might not EVER happen again! It took forever to cool down from that run...and my body has been in a state of "What the hell was THAT?" ever since it happened. Can't say I'm feeling particularly fantastic right now since I've finished. No siree. Not fantastic at all. As a matter of fact, I have been downright nauseas since I got done! So...going to sit and suck down some serious water now and recuperate from my fitness quest of the day.

2 comments:

danny ewy said...

Oh Wow!! I can't run 1/4 of a mile and your running 10? Congrats to you.

Mary Jones said...

GREAT JOB!!! I know I have not made 10 miles in years... and I'm lucky if I'm walking 3 these days... well exercise walking anyway. You did GREAT!!