Thursday, July 26, 2007

Two LONG Weeks

School starts for us two weeks from today on August 9th. Right now I am sure that this will undoubtedly be the LONGEST two weeks of my life. My children are driving me NUTS...to the point that they are being regularly banished to their rooms for long periods of time and so that I can regain my own control and not beat them! Max and Clara cannot even seem to be on the same FLOOR of the house without arguing. Clara is the QUEEN of drama...and I just don't DO drama...so that's a problem. They have all lost their video game priviledges, with the exception of Ben...who has managed to keep a very low profile through all of this. It has been a pleasant summer to this point. But this week has been a slippery slope into a very bad, place behavior and attitude-wise with my children. They have been mouthy and rude, inconsiderate of one another and argumentative. In addition, after repeated warnings about his lack of practice, Max has officially lost his guitar lessons. I refuse to pay for any more wasted lessons. It takes a chunk of cash and a chunk of my own time each week for these lessons...only to be completely forgotten about until the next week. So there is virtually no progress at all with him. And I am DONE. Of course, Max is VERY sorry (he tells me) and is begging for just one more chance. But he has already had one more chance several times and I am just done with it. Cancelling the lessons that he obviously is not really interested in will be a savings of $92 a month...which translates to a total of $1104 over the course of this next year(and THAT total is consevative as it only accounts for 4 lessons a month, even though some months will have 5)...not to mention the gas money I save on top of that. At the rate he is going, I might as well just flush the $1100 right on down the toilet and never even set foot out of my home. Needless to say, I am MAD, mad, mad about his lack of practicing and dedication to something he begged for forever. So...there is that.

I am ready for school to start. I am nearly desperate for the doors to open and take in my children and begin the education process for the year. I am pulling out my hair and to the point where I am just not liking them too much at all right now. It doesn't help that I am only TOO CRANKY about this stupid hip flexor injury that is totally keeping me from getting even one little bit of decent exercise. I am not a sitter. I am a doer. I have been sitting since Sunday...well, Tuesday...but still. It has been hurting since Sunday and I have officially been resting it for almost 48 hours now with NO exercise (considering it really hurts to even walk). I went into the gym and lifted some weights this morning...all upper body. But nothing fun. It stinks. This afternoon I am alternating ice and heat trying to get a hint of relief from it. Hopefully TOMORROW I will wake up cured. Honestly, ever since I turned 35 in September it has been one injury after another. If it isn't a herniated disk, it's a knee. And if it isn't a knee it's a hip flexor. And if not that, then it is a migraine. I have had just enough of this! It's like my whole body is just on strike since the big 3-5 arrived. Geez!

On a high note (those are few and far between right now), we are going camping this weekend. Destination: Showlow to Fool Hollow Recreation Area. We have been there before and it is really pretty. Huge lake...awesome campground. NICE showers...oh...and the best part...temperatures only in the 70's for the highs and 50's for the lows. That should be a delicious treat. The forecast is for scattered showers...but we are having those here anyway. At least while it is not showering we will not all be cooped up here together staring at each other. The kids have really enjoyed the lake in the past and I just think the getaway will be great for all involved.

Oh...one more high note. All of my new appliances get delivered on Tuesday!!! Hooray. I will have a whole new kitchen by Tuesday night! Wa-hooo! NO MORE WHITE STUFF! If anyone needs some lovely white appliances for their home, now would be a great time to contact us! And those of you who know me, know that the stove has BARELY been used!!!!! It's practically brand new! ha ha!

Must go get ready now for the last guitar lesson. I would have already cancelled,except it would be rude not to give him notice. After all...he will be there waiting on Maxwell. Should be a fun afternoon. Can't wait.

No comments: