Thursday, July 05, 2007

Monsoon Arrival



We had rain tonight. Nothing really to write about...but then, rain in the desert is ALWAYS something to write about I suppose! It's been muggy and sticky all day. Working out this morning was just sticky and gross...felt like I was trying to do my step aerobics under water. We got in a nice afternoon of swim. The Newmans came over to swim with us, along with Vicki and her girls. It was a nice afternoon by the pool watching the clouds build. Then this evening I began to hear the first rumbles of thunder. It was actually pretty exciting. It sounded like we were maybe in for a good little shower...but then...not really. The lightning was impressive, as it always is here in the southwest. So of course...I feel the need to head right out into it with my camera to see if I can "capture the moment" so to speak. Didn't happen. But it sure was fun trying. Afterwards, I thought that that might not be the wisest choice of photography...lightning storms...but it was a real thrill tonight! A whole new challenge...right up there with the two year old challenge! But for now I am going to stick with my little kiddos...they still have my heart and make me smile! Anyway...the sky was really cool during my attempts to snag the lightning. It was cool to see the edge of the storm!

No comments: