Monday, July 30, 2007

Marking Time



I take a lot of pictures. Obviously! However...fewer and fewer of them are of my own little ones. Most of the smiling faces that I see through my camera belong to others. Now, as a photographer, I would stress to parents that marking time is SO important and remind them that these little blessings of ours are growing and changing right before our eyes. And NOT just because I want to see them in here all the time so I can build my business! I just recently realized that my own daughter has undergone an amazing transformation, right under my nose, with me looking right at her every single day. And it's AMAZING to see. I did pictures of her just back at Easter...that's just over 3 months ago. And then the new batch I just did up in Showlow...well. It almost does not even look like the same child. I am posting them here for you to see for yourself. If you haven't taken your children somewhere for pictures recently...and I do mean RECENTLY...it is probably time! Seize the moment, mark the time. You will be glad that you captured a VERY fleeting moment of their childhood to have forever. Unfortunately, we can't keep them little, can't stop them from growing up. But long after our little ones are not so little anymore and are off in the world doing their grown up things...then we moms can still look and remember when they WERE those sweet little beings. We can look at their sweet smiles, their missing teeth, their funny little expressions...and for a little bit we can just remember how special it was to be blessed with these amazing and precious little people in our lives. Moms...GO MARK YOUR TIME! Three months doesn't seem very long at all! But just at the change in my baby!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

Wow... her face really has changed. I need to download mine from this weekend... some great teethless grins on Banana girl.