Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Cracking

Caving, giving in, crumbling under the pressure. My name is Tonya Roberts and I am a yesaholic! That's right. It's not even November yet and I have already given away TWO of my gym mornings to do pictures for people. One of those mornings is even my COMBAT morning, which I practically love more than life itself. I sat myself down way back a while ago and had a good long talk with myself. And myself and I sat some VERY clear boundaries as far as what I would and would NOT do this photography season. What sacrifices I would and would NOT make. Yessirree. I did that. And then...somehow. Over the course of the past week, I keep catching myself doing things schedulewise that are CLEARLY not within the terms I set forth! What is WRONG with me???!!!! Why can I not just say to someone, "I'm sorry, but the appointment time you suggested is simply not available."? And then suggest another time more convenient to ME?! WHY is that so hard for me? Oi vey! I have simply got to get a handle on this. LIke NOW! On average , right now I am scheduling 2 to 3 appointments each day. My weekend, canyon spots are nearly full. Only three of those left. And once those are gone, everyone else will have to filter into my weekdays! And I NEED to find some strength! I need to find my NO voice. The one that will stand up and protect my morning gym time. Because if I don't make it into the gym...I will go absolutely freaking nuts! My gym is my sanity link. It's the place I set things right in my head. It's the place I set goals and attempt to sweat them out. It's the place I see some of my dearest friends. It's my social connection. My sweat connection. My get in the groove connection. It's the place I walk in feeling blah and walk out feeling like I could TOTALLY kick some butt (at least on Combat days!). It' s my happy place. And so...this week, I am practicing "JUST SAY NO". It's my mantra. My motto. My goal. And so...I sit here before you today, and admit that I, Tonya Roberts, am a yesaholic. It is a sickness. A disease. But I pledge to stay on the wagon this week. I WILL say no. Thank you for listening!

1 comment:

Johnson and Johnson said...

Just say no.....I am your gym voice saying I'll see you in the morn. for a good butt kicking with the trainer.....I'll hunt you down and take away your camera privileges if you miss too much gym time. Oh, by the way......how about a time for our family Christmas pic?!