Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rattlesnakes Everywhere!

I saw ANOTHER rattlesnake this morning as I pulled into the parking lot to get our kids' flu shots. And it was a HUGE one! I mean HUGE! He probably had at least 7 or 8 rattles on his tail and he was LOOOOONNNGGG! There was a guy there who had pulled past it in his truck and was taking it's picture. Had he not been there, I assure you it would not have been a photo moment for the Roberts vehicle. Had I seen the evil serpent slithering across the direct path of my vehicle the way it was with NO enthralled onlookers...well...the world would be down one rattlesnake at this hour. And I might sleep a wee bit better tonight. I have to tell you that seeing TWO rattlesnakes in 3 days is more than a little bit unnerving. I have seen so few since we moved here nearly 4 years ago. Suddenly they seem to be looming on every corner. Now...if they will just move out into the roadways! Then I, in my weapon of choice, my vehicle, will gladly do my part to control the rattlesnake population of my part of the desert. Did I mention that I do NOT like snakes? Not even a little bit!

Today has been insanely busy to this point. First there was dropping Oscar off for his "day of beauty"...and I will add that it was a VERY much needed day for sure! He was a bit on the "crunchy" side. Then I was off to get my kids all flu vaccinated. This year they got to do the flumist. Clara was totally freaking out about it. To the point that she was even asking as we walked into the Dr.'s office if she could just have a shot instead. PLEASE could she have a shot?! (Geez! Only my kids would beg for a shot!) It would seem that Clara has some less than fond memories of saline drops in her nose and was not one bit excited about having anything else put up her nose today. She'd take a needle instead, thank you very much! But once we got there and they actually did the flu mist, she chilled out a bit and giggled all the way through the treatment. Thought it was all quite funny. The boys were their usual, trying to act too cool to care selves, though secretly I think they were pretty ecstatic about not being shot this year. Once they were all vaccinated, I had to get all three kids to their respective institutions of learning. Once that little mission was accomplished, I flew home and had a bonding session with my treadmill. 40 minutes later I hit the shower and got myself dressed. Within minutes of completing all of that, the groomer called to tell me that Oscar was all done and ready to be picked up. PERFECT timing! I had exactly enough time to pick him up, run him back home, get him in his kennel and then get to my 1:30 haircut. That was actually shorter than I had anticipated, which was lovely. I had a minute then to run into Fry's and pick up some chicken breasts for dinner. Once I was all checked out at the grocery I had exactly enough time to literally pull into the garage, set the cold things in the fridge in the garage, and hit the road again. Next destination...my own flu shot clinic. As usual, my doctor's office was running their flu shot clinic with amazing precision and I was in and out of there in less than 2 minutes. AWESOME! I then gassed up my car at Safeway, picked up Ben and Clara and am actually home for a whopping 45 minutes! I am leaving now again in 4 minutes to take Max to his guitar lesson. Then I will crawl back into the house sometime around 6:30 tonight. At which point I will grill some chicken and whip up some couscous and a green salad...feed the family, bathe them, and tuck them all into bed. And then...I think I will just collapse. Know...I don't think I will. I KNOW I will! Well...I'm off! AGAIN!

No comments: