Monday, October 20, 2008

Saw a Snake Today

Yep. It was a big rattlesnake. Right on the sidewalk where I WOULD have been walking, had a nice, older gentleman not called Mr. Evil Rattlesnake to my attention. Nice. Very lovely. My heart rate just jumped right on up there. I was totally freaked out for the duration of my walk from that point on. Heck, it was only 9 a.m. and I was ready for a drink after that. A STRONG one. I was ready to MOVE out of state after that. Just put a big old "FOR SALE" sign right there in the yard. Just like that. There are really only three animals that totally strike terror and trembling in my heart. Alligators, Sharks and Snakes (especially snakes!). And so. The rest of this day will find me often on my knees ramping up my rattlesnake prayers. I encourage you to do the same (on my behalf of course!). That snake was most definitely closer than a two mile radius to my house! YIKES! I always pray a very specific barrier of protection. I see now that it's time to ramp that up a bit. God must love me a little bit though. Because even though that nasty snake was sitting right there just waiting to ambush poor Oscar and I, He did send that lovely Rattlesnake Angel to run interference and save me. And so...for THAT I am eternally grateful. SO very grateful. Well. I've had my heart attack for the day. It's time now to move on to other things!

No comments: