Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shooting Something Amazing

Today's maternity shoot was...amazing. My mom to be was gorgeous. She was sweet. Her husband was so supportive and willing to jump right in there with her and make these portraits just beautiful. It was a fantastic session and their pictures just reflect so much love and anticipation. I am so happy with them. Thrilled really. I was hoping to shoot something amazing today...and I think there are a few really nice ones in her gallery!

On another note...my session involving a certain two year old...whom I happen to love and adore SO completely...not so amazing. My dear little two year old friend would have just NONE of it. She was SO not down with the whole photo shoot thing. AT ALL. She is here all the time, loves to be here (or at least she DID, before we did these photos), and is totally and completely comfortable here in our house. Which is exactly why when she was confined to one small room, without her favorite stroller or all the other things she adores...the red flag went up immediately and she was OUTTA there! It was a battle every step of the way. I was able to steal some heads and cut and paste and come up with some semblance of a family photo. Not sure if it's one they will adore or not. But it's the best I could do with my wee friend trying to ditch the shoot. It reminded me very much of another little two year friend by the name of Ellie who first came for her pictures around Christmas time. She also was just NOT buying the whole photo shoot experience. I worried for a time that she might be scarred for life and have some real therapy needing aversions to Christmas lights. In the end, Ellie came to enjoy having her picture made and was such a dreamy little model. A total cutie. I have high hopes that this little one, too, might one day actually look at me and my camera and smile instead of scream and run away.

Between my photo shoots today I ran to the gym to squeeze in my workout, then made a dash through Target for tomorrow's birthday party gift for one of Clara's friends and then another quick dash through Fry's because all of my crew was out of milk! It seemed like we weren't home but a few minutes when the next shoot was upon me. Now, as I sit here tonight...I am totally wiped out. And I have a huge headache. And I need some sleep. And so...another day done!

1 comment:

Johnson and Johnson said...

Hey Tonya, look I'm posting a comment on my new mac aren't you soooo proud of me! Sorry your photo shoot of the cute 2 year old didn't go as planned, but it sounds like your maternity one went great. I'd love to see the end result. We always LOVE the pics you take of our kids/family!