Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Reflections

This weekend has just flown by! I think it was over before it ever really started! It was a really busy one. Friday night, the kids and I just enjoyed being at home for once. We seem to spend pretty much every afternoon and/or evening on the go, that it is just wonderful to lay around and not be rushing off anywhere. And so, that's exactly what we did! Chris was off in the woods of Northern Arizona hunting. So it was just me and wee crew. On Saturday morning I was up bright and early for an 8 a.m. photo shoot...which was terrific. Or at least I thought it was. Chris didn't really like some of my artistic creations...but what does he know? The pictures were cool and I liked them. After my photo couple left, I dashed off to the gym with Clara. I had to work extra hard and extra quick because I only had childcare until noon. So...no cardio for me. Just weights downstairs. Since Jenny and I started working with the personal trainer, I have this unbelievable guilt about not getting in to the gym to do my workout. I had hoped to squeeze in some cardio on my treadmill when I got home...but I was just too tired. AND I had another family coming at 4:00 for their pictures. That session was a riot. It was hilariously funny, extremely humbling, frustrating on every single front...yet managed to yield some VERY lovely pictures all the same. I was holding my breath when my friend Gillian came to look at them. I had no idea what she would think when she saw them. But she was pleasantly surprised and thrilled that she actually had a few to choose from. Honestly, when the session was over, none of us walked away with too high of hopes that anything awesome had been captured. I was acutely disappointed to tell you the truth, because her kids are just so darned cute! But when it was all said and done and I ran those pictures across the screen, there were some really, really nice ones. The thing Gillian was after the most was a great picture of her girls together for a photo necklace. And that was totally accomplished! The necklace was designed and ordered before she walked out the door! The session was indeed a success! Satuday night, once all the excitement of the day was done, I had one heck of a migraine brewing. Contrary to what Gillian thought, she and her lovely two year old did NOT bring it on. It had been threatening a good part of the day by the time the "great two year old encounter" happened. And so I ended up tucking myself into bed rather early last night in hopes of taming the migraine before it really , REALLY got away from me. I woke up feeling like a new person this morning. Clara and I headed off to the gym for the BodyCombat launch. SO fun this new one. And SO hard! WOW! I was totally exhausted when all of that was said and done. Then i quickly showered and dressed and we headed down to Jackie's house for lunch. We had some seriously yummy steaks on the grill. I mean YUMMY! And then it was time to come home for a short while...show Gillian her pictures...then take Clara down to a birthday party at Pump it up! While Clara was partying, Chris and I had a bit of a date. Short and sweet. We walked around the mall...scoped out some 15th anniversary bling. Boy is Chris a picky one! My goodness! And before we knew it, it was time to pick up our princess from her party. Then we headed home. Chris picked up some Quizno's subs for us for dinner and then we all watched Heroes together. And then...it was that wonderful time of night...when the house is totally quiet. And there is a peace over the home that is just golden. And it shall remain that way....at least for another 7 hours until Chris' alarm goes off! Well...there's the weekend all laid out!

Oh...and on another note. We took poor Oscar to the groomer last week. Let's just say that the clippers were not especially kind to him this time. I have no real idea what happened to him in there...but he did NOT come out cute this time. We usually just adore him at haircut time because he is so cute. But believe me when I tell you that there is NOTHING cute about Oscar this time! NOTHING. To top it all off, in addition to his ugly haircut, he is developing some odd black spots on his back. And the hair there is quite coarse. Much different from the rest of him! It's really not a pretty look he has going. Love his little heart. He's just a little bit ugly right now.

No comments: