Friday, October 31, 2008

Personal Training- Session #3

OUCH. That's pretty much the tune I am singing this morning. Yesterday, Jenny and I met with our personal trainer for session number three. Debra was set on "pushing us" more yesterday than on the other sessions. And so...game on. Jenny and I are always up for a good push session. We aren't afraid of a little sweat and muscle. Actually, I think Jenny's words when we hired the personal trainer were something like "I want to be worked so hard that I have to crawl out of that gym on my hands and knees." Well, friend Pooh...careful what you wish for. Because every now and then you just might get it! I'd say that yesterday was pretty much one of the toughest workouts I have personally ever encountered. For quite a bit of time I was pretty convinced that my butt muscles and hamstrings might be permanently seized up. I was thinking I might be having to seek some medical attention for them. Just so you know...they are NOT still seized up. They hurt like the dickens and I vastly prefer to A) sit and NOT get up or B) stand and NOT sit down. As long as I do one or the other it's all good. But if I actually engage those muscles in any way, then vivid memories of yesterday's workout come flooding into my behind and I want to sit down and cry. Or actually...just stand very still and cry without using my butt muscles to do it! So that's the muscle group that is singing the loudest tune to me this morning. For sure! Also present and accounted for are my chest muscles. Nothing else really hurts too badly. Thank goodness. These glutes are painful enough! So yesterday's workout was just grueling. And so naturally, Jenny and I signed on for ANOTHER four! Please Debra...we can still walk. Hit us with another one! All I can say is that I had BETTER be skinny after all of this.