Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Movie Recommendation

Tonight Chris and I watched "The Bucket LIst" If you have not seen this movie then I give it my highest recommendation. It IS a chick flick...be warned. But that said, even Chris said he really liked it. For one, it was really pretty funny. All the way through it was humorous. Like laugh out loud funny. But it was also very thought provoking. And very deep. I found myself pondering the comment that Morgan Freeman's character made....that somewhere along the way once their kids were grown he couldn't remember what it was like to walk down the sidewalk and hold his wife's hand. Basically he couldn't remember why he ever fell in love with his wife. This was a thought issue for me. Then, there was a lot of focus on accomplishing some things in life and really enjoying some things in your life and really discovering what those things are. In the end, hearing what one friend said at the funeral of the other....it was so amazing. I laughed tonight. I sobbed tonight. I will go to bed thinking a lot tonight and I hope and pray that I can find the time to watch it one more time tomorrow because I thought the message was so sweet and so strong. So...if you are sitting around with nothing to do...rent this movie. Heck...BUY this movie because it is rich in life lessons. The Bucket List. I am glad I saw it. I will see my life a little differently tomorrow because I did! Go and rent it!

No comments: