Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday

Well, another day here in the desert. My day started with BodyCombat. I can't tell you how much I have come to love that class. There is really something to be said for feeling like you are just beating the crap out of someone or something. It's liberating and freeing and you feel just 1000 times better when you walk out of there. Something I could never begin to describe...but I highly recommend! Kung Fu Sting was in the house (formerly known as Floats like a Butterly, Stings like a Bee...or Sting for short!). Someone forgot to tell my man Sting that there are other people in the room...and that every participant in the class is only allotted so much space in which to perform wondrous acts of kung fu martial arts miraculous and awesome moves. The man is simply dangerous to be around. I personally preferred to plant myself front and center in front of the stage today, rather than risk my life by attempting this class in his general vicinity. Now, reading this, you might think that i am overexaggerating or overstating the situation...but believe me....it is MOST CERTAINLY as I say! Kung Fu Sting, coupled with Granny Get Out of the Way and Miss Ribbons and No Bows all in same corner of the room was simply too much for me today. Ribbons and No Bows is an older lady with really short hair who insists upon parting her do and putting it into these really too tiny to mention low pigtails and tying black ribbons around them. Only there are no bows there...just loose hanging ribbons. Sometimes I want to tap her on the shouder and say "Excuse me Laura Ingalls...but your bows are untied." She's got to be 60 or so. Way too old for pigtails if you ask me. The pigtails in and of themselves are not problematic for me. But the ribbons. They annoy the crap out of me. Don't really know why. But I 'm always like...tie the damn things or just leave them at home. Needless to say...the far right corner of the room was definitely to be avoided today. The center was not too bad. I had Mama Flashdance busting a move right behind me. She's okay to exercise beside....except that she's a complete fashion disaster. Someone should report her to the "What Not to Wear to the Gym" show. I mean, throw some leg warmers on that one and it's like a PBS re-run from those early 70's exercise shows going on. She's distracting fashion wise...but stays in her space and follows the class well...so I'm good with that. We had substitute instructors today. I am generally change challenged...I simply don't like it as a rule. It's even more of a challenge when the substitute is one I cannot stand. Luckily there are only a couple of these at my gym. Head Banger is one who regularly creeps into my classes as a sub and I cannot tell you how disappointed I am to find her there on those days. But today, I have to say that the subs were just fantastic and I really enjoyed them. I thought their class was great and I dug deep and worked hard. It was a good morning.

After the gym, I had errands to run. Max needed to pick up his schedule at school for the upcoming school year. I had fees to pay and he had to have his picture made for his ID card again. I think that we now own 3 of these. That's a good thing for our Max as he tends to always be losing any and everything. Then we went to the library where we returned one book and checked out four. Clara is LOVING the American Girl book series. We started "Meet Felicity" today and she begs and begs for more when a chapter ends. After the errands, Max and Clara swam for a while while Ben was resting. Then they all came in and ate dinner. After dinner Ben got his first bath since Monday. He is supposed to soak in a lukewarm bath now twice a day for the next week or so. I think that went well and he smelled so good as I kissed him good night. Then they were all tucked in and that was the day kidwise!

And once they were all in bed, I had a NILMDTS session to start dealing with. I was at the hospital until after 10:00 last night. A family had a 37 week fetal demise....a precious little boy. It is very strange how my intuition kicks in with these sessions. I KNEW TMC was going to have one. I wasn't sure when...but I was positive it was TMC and that it would be very soon. I nearly took my big camera with me to Ben's surgery...just in case. But I didn't and there was no call. But then...the very next afternoon following Ben's surgery, I got the call. And it was TMC. And I wasn't one bit surprised. Honestly...I kind of freak myself out with those episodes. A while back, a one year old baby drowned in a bucket of mop water...and I dreamed about it before the call came in the next day. I even asked a couple of my friends....didn't you hear about that baby that drowned in the bucket...but noone had. And then I got the call. And the next day after I got the call it was in the newspaper. It's an odd thing that I have noticed here in the past year. I just seem to get a sense that there will be a call and can even narrow it down to the hospital. And then usually within 24 hours of that sense, the call comes. I am not so much sure that it is any intuition...but rather the fact that these NILMDTS calls seem to come in waves. Everything will be so quiet for a time and then all of a sudden you know that things are going to pick up and that there will be many calls. And there are. And then after a bit it is blissfully quiet again. Anyway....my baby from last night was beautiful. He must have been a cord accident because he just looked so perfect and beautiful. He only has the slightest bruising across his face and other than that he is just lovely. And so tonight I began the process of reviewing his images. And taking away the bruising. And just trying to restore him to the beautiful baby boy that his parents would have laid eyes on had this little one not been gathered into heaven so soon.

It is getting late now and it has all caught up to me today. Tomorrow promises to be busy as well. Until then!

No comments: