Sunday, July 13, 2008

Walking Down Memory Lane

Today, being Max's birthday, has had me walking down Memory Lane a bit! Within moments of his not so little feet hitting the floor this morning I was thinking that he was MUCH sweeter when he was a little thing! Instead of embracing a happy, smiley, even drooly little boy in a joyous "Happy Birthday to You!" manner, I was sitting across from a grumpy, mussed haired, sullen...even cranky young man. Ahhh...it used to be so easy! They were such delightful young children. Sweet, cuddly, loved their mommy SO much, give them a Transformer Robot and they were happy for a MONTH! Now...they look at what you've so lovingly picked out for them and they say "And?" Anyway. Enough on my sullen preteen and his "day of joy and celebration". I have decided not to dwell so much on this day and it's grumpies, but reflect on the yesterdays with this sweet baby boy of mine. I suspect he would not appreciate this walk down memory lane, or anyone's invitation into it in the least. But then...it's my blog. My walk! My invitation to give! And more importantly...MY PICTURES! And so...here's my baby boy. The way he ONCE was. The way I still like to see him. Even if he is all big and grumpy and hormonal these days. My Max...

Max at 9 months

Max at 6 months

Max's 1st Birthday

Max Turns 6 one month before Clara arrives! Transformer Bliss!

Max right around his first birthday!

Such a sweet little gentleman at two!

Max...our passionate little eater!

He's THINKING about taking that mower for a spin!

Our baby turned TWO!
Aaahhh yes! These were the days! Regardless of how old or how ornery he gets, I will always see this sweet little blonde haired, beautiful eyed little boy and know that somewhere in all that grown up grumpiness and "coolness" is my sweet, sweet little Max!

No comments: