Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Find the WEIRDEST Things in the News

I am home today since Ben just had his surgery yesterday. I am enjoying not going anywhere (at least for now),lounging around with my second cup of coffee in my p.j.s and reading the news stories. As I was flipping through some stories here on my computer I came across this story about fish pedicures. And I'm like "WHAT?" And there is this picture of women sitting with their feet in fish tanks and the fish are eating their toes. I couldn't make this up if I tried. Apparently it's all the rage in Virginia, booking these fish pedicures. As I sit here this morning, I have to say that I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that one. I mean...I remember going to the bay side of the beach and in the quieter waters the fish would come up and nibble on you and it would just FREAK ME OUT! And now women are casting their feet, intentionally down into these fish tanks, as intentional snacking smorgasboards for these fish. That is MESSED UP! And how reliable can it possibly be? I mean...it's all fine and good if you are the first pedicure of the morning...especially if the place was closed on the day before. But what if you're like the 8th pedicure of the day for this particular fish tank? What if they are just FULL? I mean...they've been eating other women's feet all danged day long by that point. What if those fish are just saying to themselves that "If I see one more toe in front of me, I might just explode?" So you might end up leaving feeling less than adequately nibbled. And then think of the other scenarios too...I mean...fish poop. And there are a lot of them in these tanks. And so then you are thrusting your feet into tanks of pooping fish (and with all that toe jam they are consuming, I'm sure they have plenty of ammunition!) and who knows what else all those fish are up to there in that water. I'm sorry, but I prefer my pedicures the old fashion way. With a nice long soak in a hot, bubbly, "calgon, take me away" kind of foot spa. I want my foot sloughing done by hand...and not by mouth. I will be the first to tell you that I am resistant to change. I VERY much like the balance of my life to be...well VERY balanced and routine. And this is one fad, or new emerging rage...whatever you see it as, that I just cannot see myself embracing! The whole thing is just...well...FISHY! (ha ha! had to throw that one in there!)

I am just hoping that these feet belong to a man...because these are seriously some of the hairiest feet I have ever seen in my life! I mean...You can comb that stuff! YIKES!


The only word that comes to mind for me right now is just EEEWWWWWWW! I think I am now done with my coffee. Hard to stomach with toe eating fish images swimming through my mind!

No comments: